THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Monday, November 10, 2008

Homestay In KG HILIR

They always say villages are for people without a civilized mindset, i say if you are thinking of such, then you're worse than an uncivilized person..haha.. jokes...

After the homestay programme organized by the medical faculty, I've finally changed my perception. People staying in villages should never be looked down, its not their fault not to be having the latest car model, or the PSP... its poverty i'm talking bout, people

Due to economical imbalance in our country, some people live in luxury while some have to live in poverty, regardless of the race in the country...

I find that this is extremely ridiculous lar, think bout it, the rich will continue to earn while the poor will have to bear the thought of what's left for their meal for the next day...

In a nutshell, this homestay programme has really changed my perception towards the malay community living in the outskirts. And talk bout these people giving us the warmest welcome... Dang, we should really learn how to appreciate people like'em...

I mean, you dont get to see people being so caring and nice... if you ever fall down in puduraya, who will be so caring enough to pick you up?

And besides that, they AREN'T conservative till that unbearable extent... they are like the nicest people who will accept you as their own people. Talk bout my experience, I was chosen to stay with my foster parents and their grandson with 3 of my batchmates.

The house was partly made of wood and partly mde of bricks, and to make your life easy, it looks 100% like your imaginery wooden kampung house. The ceiling is pretty low, and there's no fan in the house except for one table fan, however there was a queen size bed in the room which all four of us had to cramp in. the room was obviously small and i said to myself the first thing i saw it, "dang... is this the place that im gonna stay in for 5days?????"

At first, i just couldnt believe my eyes. I thought they were just illusions, and how i wish they really were... sad enough, I REALLY had to stay in that old house and not forgetting bout the toilet not having a proper flushing system as well as not having any lights in the bathroom. It was like a bootcamp or worse than that!

NONO... i mean, the room that we slept didnt even have a fan, like i said, there was only one table fan and we had to shift from the hall to the room everyday... sweating become more common than eating...

Yet... as the day passes by... i began to adapt myself of what was provided, i stopped worrying bout what we will have for tomorrow, or whether we will be able to eat good food. The thought of having a foster family just clouded my mind, and slowly, or maybe i should say, subconsciously, instead of adopting the idea of foster family, i treated them like my own grandparents...

You see, my foster parents are actually quite old, approx at the age of 70 and despite being malays, that wasn't really a problem for me. I really enjoy my foster mother's cooking and its really fun chit chatting with her as well...

i would say that, she is one the nicest old lady i have ever met... she treated us like her own daughters... and she didnt even care bout the fact of us being non-malays... thats why she rocks!

I still remember when Gloria fell sick, she was quite worried and came to the room in the middle of the night just to catch a glimpse of her, and making sure she's fine. And then early in the morning, she even purposely went to the nearest shop and got her rhinoceros horn drink to cool down Gloria's temperature...

I'm really greatful for having such a wonderful foster family and even though i hardly talk to my foster father, however, i still appreciate what he has done to provide us a place to stay...

and for Firdaus, the boy whom his parents are divorced and he is currently staying wiht his grandparents, he's like one of the well behaved boy in the village... not cheeky and not annoying... just the kind of boy a mother would want... hehehe

at the end of the posting, both my foster parents cried, and I of course felt reluctant to leave the place. Without my knowledge, my fondness towards them grew so much that i myself shed some tears too... :(

Hope to see them again... one day...

-THE END-

0 comments: